Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dog Days

K and I have been talking about getting a puppy at the beginning of next year.  Alfie will be the best big brother ever!















We've been debating over breeds!  I don't want another small dog.  Alfie is a low rider, you see.  He's short and thick (I like to think it's all muscle)... He's 30 lbs!   I don't want a lap dog but I'm aware that the size of our home is not sufficient for a large animal.
K talks about a shih tzu:














Cute, but not my style.

My dream dog is a wheaton terrior:














Holy moly, how cool is he!

But I think we're in agreement in our love for our state dog, the boykin:












We know a breeder and hopefully there will be a litter sometime within the next 6 months...
I can't wait to have another little chunk running around the house!

Does anyone have any advice on breeds?

4 comments:

  1. How about you DON'T support the breeding industry and adopt?! Do your research about animal cruelty and how the Chinese language actually sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've talked a lot about adopting, it's my preference. But my boyfriend really wants a specific breed and I'm not going to fight about it, I love all animals! Ofcourse I will research any breeder should we choose to go that route. Thank you, I respect your passion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Alfanator was adopted! Laura also has a tendency to pick up strays from the beach...spread love not hate!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura its mattie! i keep on these things but dont have one of my own (coming soon) Shiztu laura, i love peanut and youve seen pictures these dogs would be alfies best friend for life. Peanut is quiet and happy and is about as cool of a dude as alf, bc he hangs out and does what he want. Ps, email me soon, miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Show me love, Show me Life