Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Red, White, and Blueberry Crisp!

Phew, what a weekend! I could have used another 3 hours of sleep last night, that's for sure.

Yesterday K and I cooked hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill before heading out on the boat to cruise around Hobcaw (perfect) and to watch the fireworks in the harbor in front of the Yorktown (choppy). It was a wonderful/exhausting day.

Well, what's a Fourth of July cookout without a tasty dessert?? I chose Blueberry Crisp, from my Gracious Goodness (B.E.) cookbook.
It really does not get any easier than this:


What you need:
2 cans blueberry pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter (melted)
1 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans!)

What you do:
Preheat oven to 375'.
Put blueberry mixture in the bottom of your dish.
Combine melted butter and cake mix.
Crumble this on top of blueberries.
Top with chopped pecans.
Bake for 45 minutes.

Now, I topped this with vanilla bean ice cream and fresh strawberries (red, white, and blue holla!).
If it weren't the Fourth I would have gone with a simple whipped cream (home-made of course). Wishlist item:

iSi Gourmet Whipped Cream Maker- 1 Quart

Tell me about your Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life