Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hushpuppy Love

For a few weeks now I've been craving some serious hushpuppy action. I'm shocked (SHOCKED I TELL YOU!) to see the lack of hushpuppy on menus in seafood restaraunts around town. All I can say is we must have a bunch of northern chefs up in this town because no southern soul knows seafood without hushpuppy. I've been mourning the loss of Charleston's best down home seafood spot for a few years now.


RIP Anchor Line



I can remember going to Anchor Line as a little Laura. The only drink options: sweet tea and pink lemonade. Every seafood plate=2 hushpuppies. I think I'm starting to cry.

Now, I've been over to The Wreck and while yummy, there is no comparison.

Ok, so back to my craving. I've been annoying K I'm sure with my latest fried seafood rants, but I put my foot down and we are heading to Fleet Landing this weekend. Fleet Landing has some damn good seafood, and on the menu "Stuffed Hushpuppies". Honestly, I just need my hushpuppy stuffed with cornmeal, but at this point I'll take what I can get!


As you can probably tell, I'm one of these girls who likes to pick what I'll be eating before I even get to the restaraunt. I leave the drink list as the mystery. I just get so excited about food!



1. What's your favorite seafood spot in Charleston?

2. Do you like to pick out you order before even getting there?

1 comment:

  1. best seafood in town...Coast next to Rue de John. It's extra delicious. Plus, it is tucked away in a romantic brick alley lined with rich vegetation growing up the brick walls of the old buildings.

    As for picking the food vs. restaurant, food always wins and if I haven't been to the restaurant before (or say someone picked it for me)I have to look at the menu before hand to choose one or two options.

    ReplyDelete

Show me love, Show me Life