Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Humpity Hump

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Yesterday, on the treadmill, I was reading about how to make a decorative statement in a room for under $50. To some this may seem a challenge, but to me it's just what I do.
When I first bought my place I knew that I wanted to switch out light fixtures and hardware on a dime. I focused on the light over the dining room table. I visited lighting stores and fell in love with thousand dollar chandeliers. I spent an entire month at Lowe's and Home Depot trying to find unique lighting, but it all just looked the same.
Finally, one day in World Market, I found the prettiest paper lanterns at less that $10 each. I bought a couple with hopes they would work with the hanging bulb we already had. And they did. These lanterns create the prettiest soft glow of light. And the prices are unbeatable. You can actually change them on a whim, literal mood lighting!
I found this Lilly Pulitzer lantern in Floaters for under $10. It's perfect for the bright months of summer!


Okay guys, Let me hear your budget decorating tips!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life