Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Foooood

Please excuse my lack of post yesterday! I was off-site at United Way Campaign training (my favorite part of my job). Today I am sharing a couple yummy thoughts.
This weekend I caved and bought the sweet cereal. I have a weakness for cinnamon toast crunch, what can I say? It's really good. This is a rare indulgence because 1.) I normally just have yogurt for breakfast and 2.) If I do buy cereal it's normally shredded wheat or cheerios.

So, I just added blueberries to make it healthy :)

Also, a recipe for you:
I love a spicy meal y'all. Cajun spice is a regular in my dishes.
Here is one of my favorite easy pasta sauce recipes. Now, I make this different every time and follow no recipe, just as an FYI. But here's the gist.

Laura's Cajun Cream Pasta
First I saute some shrimp in garlic and butter. I like to add chicken sausage as well.

Once this is nice and cooked I'll set it aside and make my sauce. The sauce is a mixture of milk, cajun spice, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice. I'll also add a dash or two of flour if it needs thickening. Last I'll throw the sausage and shrimp back in and simmer for a few.
Yum Yum Yum.
Meanwhile I'm boiling my water for the pasta. Once the pasta is just about done, I'll throw in my frozen green peas to cook for about 4 minutes.

Strain the water out of this and top with sauce!
This meal is very delicious and easy to make with just a few ingredients on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life