Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thursday Thoughts: Anniversary Traditions

It's Friday-Eve!
Y'all have anything fun planned for the weekend?
I'm hosting my annual Wine Tasting Party on Sunday so I'll be busy with that.  I'm really craving California Dreaming nachos so I'm hoping we can make that happen as well. :)
--
Today I wanted to talk about our upcoming Anniversary and some traditions I've thought about starting.
--
Attend Church at St. Stephen's
St. Stephen's is, in my biased opinion, the most beautiful, charming church in Charleston.
This year our Anniversary is on a Sunday so it will work perfectly.
--
Holiday Getaway
Our Anniversary will always feel like a kick off to the holiday season!  Any little getaways that we are able to take are sure to be filled with holiday festivities and spirit. 
--
 Special Dinner
This year we are having a picnic basket prepared by our caterer to the likeness of our wedding menu.
Other ideas are going to Fish (Rehearsal Dinner location) for dinner, or even simply preparing our wedding menu ourselves.   
--
Start a collection
I love the idea of starting an art collection! 
Both K and I are art lovers and our walls are already filled with classics we love,
so we are going with ornaments.  I can not wait to see our tree grow with sentimental ornaments.

Other ideas:
sweetgrass baskets
books
shells
 
(Our Oyster Ornament favors DIY found here.)
--
I would LOVE to hear any traditions, anniversary or otherwise, that you have?
--
p.s. Here is an old post about some of our Christmas Traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life