Monday, August 15, 2011

Out with the new, In with the old!

When my dad was young he and his family would go searching for old bottles around Charleston. Before there was an organized waste system, people would throw out bottles in the crawl space under their houses. My dada would ask if he and the kids could look around.

What's resulted is an abundance of old bottles in my family. Thousands of them, probably worth thousands each!


You'll find shelves of these at any home in my family.
They are priceless to us.

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cool! I love putting flowers in old bottles like those! Thanks for your sweet comment today on my blog--the necklace was actually bought a long time ago at one of my favorite Richmond spots--The Shops @ 5807! If you're ever in town, you must go!

    ReplyDelete

Show me love, Show me Life