Friday, January 16, 2015

Our Charleston Wedding: Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner

Here it is, the last of the Pre-wedding posts.  
Our Rehearsal began at 4:30 pm on Friday, November 21st, 2014 at St. Stephen's.
Father Williams had us fill out the paperwork for our marriage licence first thing.

His spaniel, Abigail, kept us all entertained throughout the entire rehearsal.

Jimmy (K's step-uncle?) was our organist.  
We can't thank him enough for giving us this gift!  


And now, on to the fun part, the Rehearsal Dinner at Fish!
We kept the decor simple, hanging lanterns I scored at a thrift shop and lots and lots of candles.



Here comes the bride!  Don't I look thrilled?  I was trying to find someone in charge who could help me store the gifts we would be giving out later in the night.
My dress is by Alva from The Bridal House.  It is actually a wedding gown, shortened.  You can see the long version here.  Because my actual wedding gown was more whimsical, I was excited to wear something a little sexy for the rehearsal.
On to the menu...
We had so much delicious food, y'all.
We had 3 passed HDs, all seafood.
And then our stations:


 


My father-in-law gave the nicest toast!
He discussed our family connections, how we met... it was so sentimental!

YUM!
The happy couple...
I had painted this at Wine and Design in October and we used it as a "guestbook" at the Rehearsal.
I am so sad that we didn't get on large group photo, 
but we have lots of pictures of everyone mingling...
K's Mamie and Poppa.

A HUGE Thank you to Harold and Cathy
for hosting such a wonderful dinner for us.
We love y'all so much!!
One last thing, I wanted to share what I gave K as his grooms gift.
I had a cigar case monogrammed (at the Christian bookstore for $5.00!) with 3 authenic cuban Cohibas!  He was thrilled.
Next week...Wedding posts!
Have a great weekend!
(We are going to see American Sniper tonight, trying out Indaco for Restaurant Week tomorrow, and cooking out with my parents on Sunday.  What are you up to?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life