Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Super Simple Brunch

So, who else has a tendency to go overboard when it comes to menu planning for guests? I know I'm not alone. I'm getting so much better at knowing when less is more, and this year's Mothers Day Brunch proves it.
I knew I would be at the beach ALL day Saturday, and that we would be cooking and cleaning in the wee hours on Sunday, so I decided to take advantage of as many shortcuts as possible.
My menu:
Bacon Cheddar Quiche
Mini Chicken and Waffles
Banana Bread
Fresh Berries
Mimosas*Bloody Mary Bar*Coffee*Ice Water

I used store bought pie crust for my quiche.
I bought Nuggets from Chic-fil-a on my way back from the beach Saturday which I placed atop mini Eggos for the Chicken and Waffles.
And the Banana Bread is from Costco's bakery.
Don't forget to set your butter out early so it's nice and spreadable :)
 
There is nothing better to me than sitting back, mimosa in hand, with a clean house and good food ready to serve!  Sidenote: I make an effort to be ready atleast 20 minutes early when hostessing and it cracks me up how both K and I can not sit still!  We mill around the house like bumper cars, looking out windows, wiping down countertops.  Two of a kind, I tell ya.
Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life