Friday, February 22, 2013

chocolate covered banana chips & a video you MUST watch

A few weeks ago we were browsing around Earth Fare and I came across Carob covered banana chips in the bulk food section.  I couldn't help myself, I had to try, so I snuck one and my mind was blown.  WOW, how tasty! And for around $10.00 a pound they better be!  I thought to myself, why buy when it's so easy to make.  I mentioned before that I had some left over almond bark* from Christmas baking, and I couldn't think of a better way to use it.
The process is so simple:
Melt the chocolate
Coat the banana chips (once you get in the groove this moves pretty fast)
Let them harden (freezing will speed this up)
ENJOY!
Wouldn't these be such a special hostess/anytime gift with some clever packaging? 

*Note: Almond bark tastes more like milk chocolate than dark.  I would prefer a dark chocolate coating for the chips.

And now, for this:


This video is truly beautiful.   and you MUST watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life