Friday, February 15, 2013

Bloomin' Basil Bread!

Oh boy, do I have a recipe for you today!
This bread was recommended by my bff, Pinterest.
Let's just jump right in!
 
You want to first buy a round loaf of bread.  I bought the Artisan Italian from Harris Teeter.  It's great on it's own, but I'm about to pimp this bread up!
 You want to cut the bread in a grid pattern, but be sure not to slice completely.  You want it to still be attached to the bottom crust.
 Then you spread pesto with your butter knife as if you are buttering the bread, both laterally and horizontally... This is a good basic pesto recipe to follow, and I also like Classico's version in a pinch.
 THEN you want to stuff the seams with cheese! Use about a cup and a half of mozzarella.
 This is how your bread will look before you bake at 400' covered in foil for about 15 minutes.  Then you open the foil and bake until the top is golden and bubbling with cheese...like this:
Enjoy this delicious pull apart bread as an appetizer or a side to light meal...
the cheese/spice/sauce variations are endless!
YUM.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life