Friday, August 26, 2011

Dark and Stormy

With all of the buzz on Irene I can't help but think about Katrina, and how New Orleans is still rebuilding after such devastation.  It has me really feeling blessed and lucky, and thinking of how important it is that we give back to those less fortunate, ESPECIALLY in our own community!
It just so happens that it's philanthropy week here in the Lowcountry, which I find funny...  Every week is philanthropy week, in my eyes.  However I think that it's awesome to see such wonderful charities getting a little recognition for their hard work.  Click on the banner above and vote for the cause you'd like to see win the awarded money.  My choice:  Lowcountry Orphan Relief.
This is effortless and important!  Who gets your vote?
Stay safe y'all.


2 comments:

  1. oooh have you volunteered for them? i want to start! they're doing a "make a child happy" day in october and i really want to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura, I'm your newest follower from the Locals Linkup over at for you {by love}...love your "Southern Charm" page!

    Christina www.moneymarriageandmotherhood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Show me love, Show me Life