Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pregnancy Journal: 30 Week Update

30 weeks, check me out!
So let's see...  The past five weeks have (you guessed it) flown by.  I passed my glucose test (phew!), had the rhogam shot (rh negative blood) and the Tdap vaccine.  I am now going to the doctor biweekly for check-ins.  All is well.

Symptoms:

Sleep  Sleeping pretty good.  Some nights are more restless than others but nothing too out of the ordinary.  I usually get into bed between 8:30 and 9:30 and read for an hour or so.  Depending on her position on my bladder, I'm up between 1 and 5 times a night for bathroom breaks.

Exhaustion I definitely have to watch myself to make sure I don't overdo it...especially with the heat we're having here.  There have been a couple days where I've tried to tackle too much and paid for it.

Weight Gain 15 pounds

Hair growth Nada

Food  Cooking again, trying to get back into my menu planning groove.  No real cravings, though I did buy hot pockets at the store this week which is not something I would normally do.  No regrets.

Acid Reflux  I forgot to mention this in my 25 week update, but this randomly comes on every now and then.  More at night, but sometimes during the day.  I've tried to track and see if any specific foods bring it on, but I can't find any pattern.

Movement  As she is growing, I am feeling her kicks all of the time.  I love it!

Nursery:
Here is a peek at what we've done so far.  This is a view from the door.  You can barely see the glider in the bottom left corner.  Also, can you spot my little boo taking a snooze?  I'm pretty sure he thinks we set this room up for him. 
Here is the view from sitting in the glider.  The lighting isn't great for photos but it felt very peaceful without the overhead lamp on.
We still have several things to do in here but I'm happy with the progress we've made!  I am planning to do a full reveal with all of the details later.  It will most likely be the first room I post in my House Tour series.

Anticipation: 
LOTS to be excited about right now.  We have a Baby Shower next week with K's family.  I am pumped about our beach trip next month.  Coming up we've got parenting classes at the hospital and pediatrician visits.  And of course we're still busy with setting up the new house!
Lots happening and we are very focused right now.  It's such an exciting phase of life we're in and I'm soaking it in as best I can.  
--
Visit my "Baby" page for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life