Thursday, July 14, 2016

Baby Shower Gift Idea

For baby showers, I typically either shop the registry or go with diapers+something cute (like a hooded towel or pair of shoes).  
But for my friend Kristina, I knew I wanted to give her something different.
This baby has been long anticipated and Kristina's positivity throughout her entire "journey" has really been something special and inspiring to witness.
I also, having felt overwhelmed with the amount of *stuff* you accumulate for a tiny baby, wanted to go with a 'less is more' approach.
  So, I had the idea of a custom stamp.
My initial thought was wanting to make personalized cocktail napkins for the shower, and wanting to go about it economically.  I then started thinking about all of the other uses she may have for a rubber stamp with her daughter's name, and the decision was made.
I was able to find an Etsy shop, Fairmont and Grove, to make me exactly what I was looking for.  I chose the 2 inch self inking stamp.   The owner, Christine, was super quick with getting me a proof of the design.  I'm so happy with how it turned out!
 I chose yellow chevron napkins to stamp for the shower.
Here is a side view of the stamp.  I was pleased that there was no smearing and the ink was very clear and crisp.
I also included an extra stack of the personalized napkins in with the wrapped stamp, so she can have them as mementos or even use at Emma's 1st Birthday.
Other uses I thought of for the stamp:
Inside of Emma's books
Personalized notecards (for teacher gifts, bakesale tags, etc)

I think any mom would love this!
--
P.S. More baby shower gift ideas I love:
Personalized Stork in front yard (for Chas locals here)
And I also loved Allie's idea of an engraved cake serving set for all future celebrations
--
P.P.S. Charleston gift ideas found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life