Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday Highfive

Happy Friday!
This week was a quick one for me.  Not sure why, but not complaining.
Anyway, Here's a highfive for getting through the week!
--
1. Baby Girl Clothes
My mom brought over 2 bins of my little baby clothes last weekend and we had a good time going through them all.  I'd say there's a nice mix of southern classics and fabulous 80's wear, both of which I love equally.  I can't wait to get them all hung up in her closet and put away in drawers, which we need to line.  Planning to do that this weekend.
--
2. Freezer meals
I made some delicious enchiladas this week and it reminded me that I want to set a date to do some freezer meals.  I'm not planning on a large scale operation but I would like to prepare a few of the meals that we love, that require multiple steps, so we can have them on hand the first couple of months postpartum.  I am planning to do a few pans of chicken enchiladas and a few of spinach/ricotta stuffed shells.  These are 2 of the only meals that I could think would really save significant time by making ahead.  
--
3. Folk Doll
Last week there was a conference at my work that featured a little "market" of crafts made in Haiti.  I picked up an adorable folk doll for our daughter.  These dolls are handmade by women living on La Gonave Island.  You can read about the company, Beatitudes Inc, and purchase your own here.
100% of the proceeds go straight to back to the women who make them.
--
4. Dinner and Movie
I am headed out with my gf tonight.  We are going to see Bad Moms... I think it looks so bad it may actually be good?  I am confused with the casting of Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell. They seem a little young to be portraying mothers of kids over the age of 5.  We'll see.  I haven't been to the movies since The Revenant so I'm excited to see anything at this point.
--
5.Maternity Dress
Last, because it's Friday and I think we all deserve a laugh, check out this epic fail. On top of the fact that it is huge on me, the shape of the dress is so terrible that even the correct size would not redeem this look.  Behold!
--
I hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life