Thursday, June 30, 2016

Thoughts on Thursday

It's Friday Eve!
Do y'all have any fun plans for the 4th?
We are planning to shop some sales at Lowes and Home Depot, and then have a little family cookout on Sunday.  I am thinking maybe a late afternoon trip to Taco Boy on Folly for some queso may be in the works one day...Love long weekends.
--
We have a little cone head on our hands this week.
Alfie has bitten the fur off of a patch on his booty and so we had to resort to the cone of shame, which he has actually adjusted to quite well at this point.
Luckily the patch is healing nicely and we've been removing the cone when we are home with him.
He doesn't seem to be biting as much anymore.
    I honestly think it's all due to the change in his surroundings, he's such a sensitive little sweetie.
 --
I have been reading a lot lately.  I had a meeting at the library Tuesday night and picked up several books to get me through the next couple of weeks.  I actually found all of these recommendations via blogs.  Usually my method is to alphabetically check all of my favorite authors and skim the New Book section, but this was a fun new way for me to search.
 --
Nursery Acquisitions...
I "won" this at silent auction a few months back.
It's a little old so I'm not sure if it will really be functional, but I love it just for decor.
 --
Here I am at 26 weeks...let me go ahead and express my sadness for the state of my hair during this entire pregnancy.  My hair is typically one of my very favorite features and it has just been wack these past 6 months.  Humbug.  Otherwise, feeling good, feeling great.

 --
I went to a Bridal Shower a couple of weeks ago and it was so cute!
It was held upstairs at the Mellow Mushroom in Avondale.
I had never been upstairs before and it was such a great space.  It was private but open to the restaurant as to not feel too closed off.  It was just the perfect party spot.  The bride's fiance is overseas right now and so the theme was centered around that "travel" concept.
 Guestbook idea.  I signed on St. Barths.
 Oh my gosh, cutest favor table ever.  Baggage claim, how clever!
I think this shower would also be perfect for a "Honeymoon" theme.
Gifts would be things that the bride would bring on her honeymoon: a towel with her new monogram, a selfie stick, a donation to the honeymoon fund.  
--
Ok, that's all I've got for today,
Have a safe and happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life