Thursday, June 9, 2016

Thoughts on Thursday

Hello out there!
How's everybody doing?
We are juggling a lot right now, but I wanted to pop in and say hi.
Have any of you been to any Spoleto events this year?
I haven't, but I have enjoyed the general buzz of it all on my lunchtime walks.
 There was one Piccolo Fringe event that I thought sounded fun, "Improvised Seinfeld".  It touted itself to be "like watching a live taping of the show based on audience suggestion".  I wish that we could have swung it but we simply have too much on our plates.
Right now, a night out consists of take out on our way home from Lowe's and/or Home Depot.  I am documenting this chinese food because it was our last meal in our condo. :(
Adding "landlord" to my resume has been intimidating, but I am hopeful that it will get easier and more comfortable with time.  
I am certain my current tenants will be painting over my beloved pumpkin room and changing out my hanging lantern fixture.  

On the bright side, no more Folly Road traffic!  What you see here is typical of summer on James Island, bumper to bumper in both directions.  While our commutes on Savannah Highway also deal with traffic, it actually moves and flows so much better.  James Island is growing so much and it's infrastructure isn't really built for it, which is one of the reasons we looked in West Ashley to buy.
--
Bumpwatch!  
Still growing and still feeling great.  My stomach is definitely starting to feel heavier, so I'm anxious to weigh in tomorrow at my SIX MONTH check in.  Holy moly!
Also, clearly no hair growth as you'll note the small nub that is my ponytail in this picture.  Regarding maternity wear, I am mostly wearing my dresses that have great stretch to them.  I picked up a few things over at Angels and Rascals (a children's consignment shop with maternity section) in Mt. P to hopefully get me through the last month or so when I'm really popping.  I will probably splurge on a nice maternity dress for my baby shower, but I can't justify the prices for such a short lifespan.  I'm planning on picking up a few pairs of these shorts as well.

 Oh!  And while I know that none of you are holding your breath regarding our "gender reveal" I did want to mention that I have such a fun idea of how I want to post it on the blog, but we haven't had the time to spare to make my plan happen.  I am hoping that maybe this Sunday we'll be able to spend an hour or two on it and then I can post it next week.  

My friend Kristina is having a baby girl in August and I am so excited to be working on her Baby Shower.  The invitations went out today and I'm meeting with some friends tonight to plan it out.

I hope y'all have a great weekend.
It's going to be a hot one around here!

1 comment:

Show me love, Show me Life