Monday, August 4, 2014

Weekend Happenings

This Monday morning I feel a bit more collected than most.  I think this is partly due to the dreary weather which provided me with enough downtime to feel caught up on energy.
We kicked off the weekend down at Crosby's Dock Party, it is probably one of my favorite ways to spend a Friday night!

 After Happy Hour, my brother suggested we try out James Island's new White Duck Taco.
I had heard about this place opening but couldn't figure out exactly where it was.  There isn't a sign on Folly Road yet, but it is hard to miss the huge duck mural.
I didn't take a picture of our meal but dang those tacos were da bomb!
The Thai Peanut Chicken taco was better than my beloved Zia Chorizo.  
All caps AWESOME.
 Saturday was so rainy and gross, so I made cookies! 
I used Betty Crocker Peanut Butter cookie mix and added a half cup each of chocolate chips, oatmeal, and chopped pecans.  I combined this with a softened stick of butter and then also added an egg because it was a little too dry initially.  Yum!
And now, since I have a ton of cookies that I don't need to be eating, I am spreading cookie love to coworkers and friends alike:
Sunday was also pretty dreary but come 6:00 pm the sun came out enough to enjoy a glass of wine on the porch.  I bought this wine to try, but it was a tad too sweet for me.   

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life