Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Humpity Hump

So what's everyone got happening this weekend?  Is anyone going to be checking out any of the Charleston Comedy Festival events??  I think that we are going to be heading to the American Theatre for a stand-up show Saturday night.  I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm a huge fan of stand up, especially Jerry Seinfeld as I mentioned here.
Whenever I visit New York I always make a point to visit as many comedy shows as I can.  On one of my first trips years ago, I went to see a little known comedian, Kristen Schaal.  I ended up talking with her after each of the shows (they were very small and intimate) and she was so cool!  Well, now she's a pretty big deal and I couldn't be happier for her!

Oh, and I also hung out with Aziz Ansari a few summers ago during Spoleto.  A friend and I met him and his "Human Giant" costars out at a bar and they invited us back to the house Spoleto set them up with. I'm sad to report that Aziz was not cool or down to earth, I just have to admit.  But I'm still happy for his success :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life