Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 what's up!

The past two weeks have been a complete tornado of friends, family, food, and more. By more I mean more stuff. I have had to rearrange our entire house to fit the gifts that we were given this year, which is not a bad problem to have. I feel blessed and grateful.

Let me show you a few things:
Too many kitchen appliances and not enough /cabinet space!

I received an ice cream maker, a fry daddy, a cookbook display (pictured below), a fondue set with built in lazy susan, and a few nick nacks.

This is a great decorative and functional accent to my kitchen!

Appliances are always a great gift.

We love our new blue ray player, and my new Pet Lover bagless vacuum!




Girly gifts

My most treasured gifts of the year:



My man has great taste y'all!




Also, the gift of experience

We were given tickets to a Charleston Cooks! class, that includes wine pairings, as well as day passes to SEWE (coming up in Feb!).



It was a wonderful Christmas! But boy am I glad it's over! :)



We celebrated 2012 channeling old Hollywood glamour at Club Habana. K with a gin martinis and I enjoyed Gran Marnier sidecars.




I love Club Habana because no matter how busy they are, the service is top notch. We were given a complimentary champagne toast at midnight, in actual crystal flutes, not plastic.  I can't justify paying over $50 for a party where I drink out of plastic.  (I realize I'm a picky girl)
The next day we enjoyed all of the traditional southern New Years food, twice! And we talked about our goals and dreams for 2012.  Maybe I'll share them in my next post.

Monday was football and Kick Chick delivery day. 

To conclude, the leftover treats are frozen or gone, the gifts are put away, and the decorations are boxed up, already anxious to come back out later this year. 
This holiday season was magical and I can't wait to see what's next.
2012, what's up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life