Friday, January 20, 2012

High Five Friday!

5. Last night I tried the Chicken Tortilla soup at Chic-fil-a.  YUM!  I decided to go this route in lieu of fries to cut some calories.  I also didn't use the tortilla strips on top to save a little more.  This was delish!
4. Question for my wine drinkers... Do you ever buy the jumbo (1.5L) bottle to save money?  I'm curious because I notice such a great cost cutting option here, but I'm still not sure if I would end up with most of it going bad... Any thoughts



3. Three is the number of miles I'm running on the treadmill today. 
2. I love the weekends for multiple reasons, one of which is getting the paper and taking the time to make french press coffee.  Do you have any weekend morning rituals/luxuries?
1.  Tonight we head to Charleston Cooks for the Food and Wine pairing class.
We will first cook the meal and then sit down to enjoy each course with a perfectly paired wine!
Check out the menu:
Gruyere and Herb Popovers (Sparkling Wine);
Shrimp and Cucumber Salad with Creamy Lemon Yogurt Sauce (Sauvignon Blanc);
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs (Cabernet);
Garlic Mushroom Smashed Potatoes (Pinot Noir);
Molten Chocolate Cake with Cherry Ice Cream (Port)   

Y'all.
 I'm so pumped.

TGIF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life