Wednesday, February 28, 2018

House Tour: Guest Room Suite

There are so many things I love about our home, and at the top of my list is the fact that it has 3 bedrooms and 3 FULL baths.  Not only is this great for a young family, but it also means that it will be an ideal rental if we end up moving and keeping this home as an investment property (as we have with our condo).  
Considering the fact that we have a one year old, we don't have that many overnight guests...but occasionally this room is put to good use.  I really try to keep our guest room suite from becoming a catch all but it's not always easy.  I took these photos the last time we had friends over and the room was straight.  Take a look!
--
"Clean and cozy" is what I think of when I see this room.  
I have switched the bedding out a few times. I've settled on this quilt because I think it makes the room light and airy.  The trunk with the orange pillows on top is full of old photo albums and yearbooks.  The bathroom has a pocket door, which I love because it's saves space.

This closet is where my wedding dress is stored.
This is my desk (which I clear when we have guests) and it was my grandmothers.  I have been on the search for a chair that will work with it, but for now I am using an old one.  I have a framed print from our wedding guestbook on the desk, as well as a sprig of cotton from our Christmas Card escapade.
The guest bath is actually the only room in our house that we didn't paint.  It's a pale yellow color and it looked fresh so we didn't waste time on it.  The only thing we did to this room was change out the mirror. We will eventually replace the light fixture and vanity in this room, but for now it works just fine.  
 I also want to change out the hook and add a towel rack.

 --
SOURCES:
Brass bed: Estate Sale
Vintage Tobacco Baskets: Eclectic Finds
Window and Shower Curtains, Bathroom Mirror: Homegoods
Everything else in this room I've had for years, but if you happen to have any questions I'd be happy to try and answer!
--
BEFORE PHOTOS


--
BEFORE AND AFTER:
--
Thanks for visiting!
xLaura

1 comment:

  1. Hey Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpful to implement in our work



    Regards

    Software

    ReplyDelete

Show me love, Show me Life