Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

This weekend ended up being a bit of a bummer, as my husband came down with a gnarly cold.  Me and EB did some Easter Bunny shopping on Saturday and then spent most of Sunday over at my parents' house, sitting outside enjoying the Spring weather.  Thankfully K is starting to feel better!  
I made this Chicken Cordon Bleu pasta on Sunday night for dinner.  Saturday mornings I can usually catch some of the Pioneer Woman while EB naps, and that is where I initially saw the recipe. I'm sure we will have leftover Easter ham in a few weeks and I plan to make this again then.

I made some changes to the initial recipe, so I thought I would share it below.  

Ingredients

1 cup cubed ham
2 cups cubed chicken breast
3 cups cooked pasta
2  cups cooked peas
3 cups shredded swiss cheese
2 cups milk
1 cup chicken broth
4 tablespoons butter
flour
breadcrumbs
cayenne pepper

The only real cooking involved is making your cheese sauce, which starts with making a roux with 3 tablespoons butter and flour.  From there you add the milk and chicken broth, bring to a light boil, and add in 2 cups of the swiss cheese and a dash or two of cayenne.  

Once the cheese sauce is prepared you simply combine it with the ham, chicken, pasta, and peas.
Put it in a greased 13x9 casserole dish and sprinkle with the remaining swiss.
Melt the last tablespoon of butter and mix with enough breadcrumbs to sprinkle over the whole dish.
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life