Thursday, May 26, 2022

3 Months to Number 3

Less than 3 months until we meet Baby Nielson Number 3!!!

I wish I had more time and energy to post about this third and final pregnancy of mine, but man it is kicking my butt.  I have so many thoughts to share...it's just organizing them!

I'll start at the beginning.  I put so much thought and consideration in the decision to have a third.  The world has changed so much since we began our family  If you had told me that all schools/daycares could shut down for months on end, I would never have believed you.  Now?  Nothing surprises me.   Like all parents, I struggled with major stress during COVID and to add another child to the mix, it is not something I took lightly.  Ultimately I felt comfortable and confident enough in the state of things to go for it.   I'm so happy about the decision and I know I would have regretted otherwise.  
Still I just have to say, Parents have it so hard right now.  Just this week with the Texas elementary school shooting, the ongoing formula shortage... What a world. 
  
The silver lining from the pandemic, for me, is that I have learned to tune out the noise and chaos around me and focus on what's happening in the here and now.  I've had to shut out the media (the news, facebook, etc.) in order to preserve my own state of mind.  I'm grateful to have had "practice" doing this over the past few years because things just don't seem to be getting any easier.  The pandemic taught me that if I put my head down, focus on my life and not the weight of the world, I can handle it.

I'm certainly nervous going into the newborn stage again...but I think I have a better perspective this go around.  I am so grateful to get the experience of having another baby.  I am also grateful to firmly know that this will be my last baby...which will surely help me to treasure even the difficult parts.  It feels like I'm closing a chapter with this pregnancy, which I've tried to keep in mind when feeling so sick.  
Ok, so let's talk symptoms at 28 weeks!
Symptoms:

Nausea
I have to say, I still feel pretty sick sometimes.  Not all day/every day, but often enough.  I'm hoping this will fade soon, and no doubt it's faded since the first trimester but dang I'm tired of it.

Heartburn/Reflux
This has been a frequent issue in the evenings.  I feel like there should be a meme that says:  You know you're middle aged when you have numerous acid reducers on hand.  

Exhaustion  
I'm so tired, I need a new word for tired.

Food Aversions
In a constant state of "whatever" when it comes to food.    

Movement  
I'm on the go all the time, so I mainly notice kicks at night once I've finally collapsed in bed to read.  

Sleep
I am sleeping pretty good.  Savoring every full night of sleep from now to August.


Nursery:
I don't have major nursery plans...however I will be cleaning out the closets and drawers soon.  I know I will be getting a new rug and maybe some new art for above the crib.  I'm keeping the same layout.  If it ain't broke...

Anticipation:
The biggest anticipation is seeing whether or not this is a boy or girl.  I have no real gut instinct, though I think my symptoms have been similar.  We currently have our middle name chosen boy or girl, but no first names yet.

I'm also very excited to see the girls with another sibling.  I know they are going to do so great!

We will be spending some time soon pulling down our baby gear and buying the few things we do need:  New car seat, humidifier, carrier, and bottles.  I did pick up this diaper backpack at a secondhand shop a while back.  I am thinking I will need something hands free this go around.

Other: 
I mentioned the formula shortage earlier and honestly, how terrible.  I have purchased a couple containers of my preferred brand to have just in case this is not quickly resolved.  I feel lucky that I had such a positive nursing experience with MB so I don't feel panicked.  But it's still an awful feeling for a parent to have.  

 

That's all for now!
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life