Tuesday, June 30, 2015

48 Hours in Philly

Well, hello hello!
I'm back from my quick zip around Philly and I'd like to share some pics with you.
I was up before the sun on Friday to make it to Myrtle for my flight, which ended up being super delayed. :(
Finally made it into Philly mid day and my girl Abby picked me up from the airport to take us straight to her apartment in Center City.
Abby is a Doctor who is doing her residency in the heart of the city!
You may remember her hooding ceremony in this post.
Anywho, I love a good cityscape snap!
After dropping off my bag we hit the streets, opting to kick off the weekend with pretty drinks at an equally pretty second floor terrace at Revolution House:


 
 From there we walked around the corner to Spruce Street Harbor.  This place was super cool!  It reminded me of Water Front Park, if Water Front Park had a Food Truck Rodeo every night.
 Some amazing people watching...
After cabbing back and freshening up, Friday night we hit the town.  I really have no idea the names of places we visited, but it was great!
--
Saturday morning we visited Terminal Market for breakfast.  This was my favorite part of the trip.
Terminal Market is AMAZING! It's essentially a gourmet grocery store/food court.  Everything is fresh, authentic, and delicious.  I could have wandered and sampled for hours.
This photo doesn't really capture anything but picture a historic, Costco size warehouse (with much lower ceilings) filled with open air restaurants and markets.
Heavenly.
 I could not stop thinking about how much K would love this place.  This particular deli literally shaved the roast beef for your sandwhich and sliced you fresh bread.
I opted for a bacon, egg, and cheese croissant. 
I was one happy customer:
 After breakfast we went to Macy's because it was in the low 70's and I wanted to pick up a light sweater, as I only brought summer clothes.  The Macys is in a beautiful building and there is an organist that plays throughout the day...nice touch.
After relaxing back at the apartment for a bit, we walked down to South Street for a Philly cheese steak.  The lines were outrageous!  No matter which way I looked at it, standing in line on a chilly day for sandwhich just made no sense.  So, we walked around the corner to a cute little french bistro for a late lunch.
Later on, we rounded out the trip at Abby's neighborhood wine bar, Zavino.
Cheers!
My flight home on Sunday was also delayed so I figured I must capture this aspect of my trip with an airport restroom selfie. 
--
Overall it was a great quick trip.  Philadelphia is full of history.  I saw the first library, the first hospital in the U.S.  A huge thanks to my dear Abigail for hosting me!
--
Have any of y'all ever visited Philly?  Anything major I missed?

Note: We did visit Indepedence Garden (Liberty Bell, Constitution, but more just for a glance because of the lines).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life