Friday, June 19, 2015

I keep starting and stopping writing a post about the Emanuel AME tragedy because I don't know how to express such intense emotion with words.  I keep tearing up with every new article or photo I see.  
--
I'm struggling so much with the concept of faith and how it plays so directly into Wednesday night's event.  I don't mean to say I'm having a crisis of faith, it's just to think that a group of faith minded people, filled with trust, confidence, and belief were the target.  It's too much to wrap my mind around without falling deeper and deeper into sadness and emotional chaos.
--
I think a lot about what it will be like raising a family in this day and age.
I will teach my children to treat all others with respect.
I will be watchful to protect them from every threat.
I will also be a watchful parent within my family, to ensure my children are well adjusted and happy.
I wish and hope that all parents do the same.
--
I can't wrap this blog post up with a bow, there is no end to the conversation.
But I'm out of ways to say what's on my mind.

I can't make sense of this.
And I don't really want to.


Isaiah 43:2  “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”


Cynthia Hurd

Susie Jackson

Ethel Lance

Rev. DePayne Middleton-Doctor

The Honorable Rev. Clementa Pinckney

Tywanza Sanders (fellow James Island grad)

Rev. Daniel Simmons

Rev. Sharonda Singleton

Myra Thompson

1 comment:

  1. This really has been such a hard time and to see things constantly just keeps that sad feeling in me. I do believe there has been good that has come of all of this..... look at Charleston uniting and loving each other more than ever! Sometimes it takes a tragedy to really bring people together and bring about change. I really hope that boy get's what he deserves and Charleston truly changes for the better long term.

    ReplyDelete

Show me love, Show me Life