Monday, June 16, 2014

No Bake Chocolate Eclair with Fudge Icing

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!
Ours was spent mostly in the kitchen and with family, both of which I enjoy, so all in all it was a good one!
This dessert is one that my mom used to bring to family functions a lot when I was younger.  It's so light and tasty, with a crunchy fudge layer on top.  It's also a cinch to pull together so I wanted to share it with you!
What you need:

For the eclair-
1 box graham crackers
2 boxes French vanilla instant pudding
1 container of cool whip
milk

For the fudge icing-
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup butter

What you do:
Prepare the pudding as instructed on package.
Fold in defrosted cool whip.
Layer graham crackers and pudding mixture in your dish.  I have used a trifle dish and a 13x9 before.
Your top layer should be graham crackers.

To make the fudge icing- Bring all of the listed ingredients to a boil, continuously stirring for 60 seconds. Remove from heat and continue to stir for 3 minutes.  Once it has cooled and thickened, pour over your top layer of graham crackers.

Refrigerate for atleast 3 hours and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life