Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cheers and Fears

Wow, this past weekend was a doozy.
Friday night we went up the street to our Mexican spot and cheered to my last day at 26.

Saturday I scoured the streets for a Christmas Party dress to no avail (are stores just not doing them this year??) and then got snazzed up for a night out with K and friends... a fun night that resulted in feeling every bit of a year older the next day. and the next day.. oh and still today.
I have to admit it, I'm so exhausted.  If you recall, this time last year I had recently left my job at LCE and was enjoying every moment of decorating, baking, home-making.  And this year it's been hard because my work commitments and work outs and day to day home-maintenance kind of drains me, leaving such little energy for holiday spirit!
Now, let me make clear the difference in complaining, which this is not, and venting.  I am very blessed to have a wonderful full-time job, and a freelance contract with a charity that I am 100% passionate about.  Let me just say though- right now I feel like I have a lot on my plate.  This morning, in trying to rearrange my schedule to accomodate a family dinner, I realized that I have no ability to rearrange because every night, seemingly every minute, is already accounted for!  As I've said, 'tis the season to be busy...but having to schedule 30 minutes to address Holiday cards??  Maybe I'm trying to do too much... Or maybe, just maybe this is my "Welcome to the real world" moment.  Again, I'm not complaining, just adjusting to a new...normal... a new way of time management and organization.  I am up for the challenge, excited by it even.  But right now I just feel exhausted.  And I don't even have kids yet. Yikes!
I know we all feel this way from time to time. I'm scared to admit that I can't handle everything, and handle it all smoothly and stylishly.  With all of this said, I would not give up one component of my life: work, family, friends, faith, fitness, finances, oh, and fun!  I'm just saying it's alot.  Can I just say sometimes it feels like too much?  Sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life