Friday, July 27, 2012

The Weekend...and TGIF

TGIF y'all! Tonight maybe some takeout and the Olympics Opening?  I'm so happy to have a houseguest this weekend! My best friend Abby will be in town and we're planning to enjoy dinner at Five Loaves on Cannon and then check out some of the new bars on King tomorrow night.  We graduated CofC in 2008 and upper King has absolutely exploded since then.  My favorite addition, that I've tried, is the Belmont.  I'm looking forward to seeing what else is going on up there.

But before I start this weekend, here's an update on what happened last weekend.

 Unfortunately I did not get any pictures from dinner at Fulton on Friday night, but it was delicious as always.
 The band at our family reunion was really fun.  I love it when bluegrass bands cover "Constant Sorrow" from "Oh Brother Where Art Though".  What a good tune.


I included this photo because I had my hair done on Saturday. I was in the chair for SO long, probably won't schedule on my day off again, but I'm happy with the color!  Here I am at Gene's shortly after having it done.

We had fun time goofing off the arcade before the Dark Knight on Saturday night.  I was happy that the first person I saw in the theatre was a police officer and I didn't feel nervous at all.  I must confess: one of my favorite parts of James Island is our old school theatre.  I've been going here since I was a baby and honestly, I think I'll cry when they ultimately decide to build a newer version.
We ended the weekend with a cold one on Shem after a family birthday dinner in Mt. P.  


Ok so now, let's do it all over again!
See y'all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life