Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pistachio Cookies!

I have another recipe for y'all today. I feel too busy to think up anything else.  
I made these cookies the other night and they're great.  I'm no "from scratch" cooking snob as you'll see here.  My thoughts are to make the tastiest treats the fastest way possible.  My number one joy of cooking is eating and sharing with loved ones, not measuring and mixing. I hope you enjoy!

1 box white cake mix
1 box instant pistachio pudding mix
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup nuts (almond or pistachio), toasted and roughly chopped 
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
6 drops green food coloring.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Place first four ingredients into a large bowl.  In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Pour contents of the small bowl into the large bowl and stir together until combined. Batter will be stiff.  Drop tablespoons size dollops of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.  Bake for 11-12 minutes, until lightly browned.

1 comment:

  1. Wait, you took a basket of ingredients and combined them into a cookie, to me that is the 21st century "from scratch" hack cake mix pre -measured sooo. instant pudding-- best invention since sliced breadif you put toasted sesasme seeds on it that would make it so much more healthy

    ReplyDelete

Show me love, Show me Life