Thursday, October 6, 2011

L.O.V.E.

I was an English Major at CofC, but I will admit that I wasn't as studious/literary as many of my classmates.  Sometimes I'd skim through "required reading" and cut my essay word count real close!  But I love reading, I read fast and I have always compared books to food (and I had to eat a lot of liver and onions in college if you get my drift).

One required writer who I genuinely found a passion for in college was Mark Twain, aka Samuel Clemens.  His humor and wit is unmatched by any authors I've read (and I've read. a lot.).
I was delighted to find this little love letter written by Mr. Clemens, to his wife Olivia.

Hartford, Nov 27/88


Livy darling, I am grateful- gratefuler than ever before- that you were born, & that your love is mine & our  two lives woven & welded together!


SLC

I try to leave K little notes of love and appreciation as often as I think of it.  
When I went off to college, my grandparents let me have one of their couches.  Long after they gave it to me I was finally cleaning under the cushions (yikes!) and I found a little love note from my Dada to Nana.  It just said:
"I love the most beautiful girl in the world! Off to get a good supper.  Be back 5:30-6:00.
Love, Harold"

What a wonderful man! 

Have you ever recieved any love notes?  Or found someone else's?

1 comment:

  1. Brian and I leave notes on each others bathroom mirrors with dry erase markers. It's sweet the most visible place we have to leave notes :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me love, Show me Life