Thursday, June 27, 2024

Tybee Island 2024

 I'd say I'm about 90% recovered from our family vacation last week and I have a chance to sit at the computer this morning.  So, I'm going to share all about it.

This is our second trip to this beach house on Tybee.  With our son being so young and wild, we had to keep things as easy as possible this Summer, and so we decided a repeat was in order.  We did explore a few new things this year, I'll share those first!

I was looking into thrift shops in the area and found the *cutest* church thrift located just a couple blocks away from us.  I think due to it's limited hours, this place was very busy, which didn't make for the most enjoyable thrift experience.  But I still loved it.

I found these clips for the girls bathroom:
This year we also ventured into Savannah.  We hit Forsyth Park where J could just run and run.
And then we also found this adventure zone called Exhilarate.  It was a really awesome spot for all the kids.  Think Sky Zone + Outslide In x 10.  It was massive and the kids had fun and were able to burn some energy.   I wanted to note that this is absolutely NOT my idea of a good time on vacation, but children can only take so much pool and beach before they begin to whine.  It's the reality of traveling with kids and I feel like I need to acknowledge that there are some really hard moments while making the memories.
We also did the Tybee Island Marine Center.  This place was really neat.  My only complaint is how small it was.  From the exterior it appeared very large but upon entering you realize that it isn't 2 levels and it takes no time to see everything there is to see.  We still enjoyed the trip and the air conditioning.

--
Ok so, from here I'll just share some pics of the things that we enjoyed on our last trip and decided to revisit.
The Sugar Shack!
If you have an early riser like us (little bro is up with the sun) then you can appreciate an ice cream shop that opens at 10 am.....
This was the girls' favorite part of the trip and where they spent their souvenir money.
Other places we returned: 
Seaweed Snowballs
The Deck Beach Kitchen and Bar ...favorite spot.  GET THE PRETZEL!
Another favorite where K took the girls: Pier 16. Get the blackened chicken sandwich.
*Note:  The Mr. Baby can not go to restaraunts these days so we had to split up and take the girls solo.
The Pier
The Arcade
Otherwise we just enjoyed all that the house had to offer, the pool, and the beach!





-- 
Looking back on the pictures is honestly one of my favorite parts of a trip.  With 3 kids it's so busy you almost can't really soak it in until afterwards, if that makes sense... 
I'm sad vacation is over but love our routine too.
 We both agreed that this would be our last trip to Tybee, at least for a while.
Thinking perhaps a lake trip next year?
--
We've got a super busy July with camps for the girls.
Here we goooooo....
xLaura


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life