Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Reflections and Looking Ahead

Happy New Year!  


Reflections on 2022
--
Of course the highlight of last year was the birth of our baby boy!  
I haven't written much, or really anything, about my experience with going from 2 to 3 kids and it's because there is simply no time for ANYTHING.  I wouldn't necessarily say that we have 'struggled' with this transition, though I'd say we have been pushed to our limit:  with patience, attention, sleep loss, endurance.  It's like we are running a triathalon every day.  

Other highlights from the year:

Looking forward in 2023
--
The main focus is, of course, keeping the kids happy and healthy.  EB is doing Ballet and Cheer.  MB will be joining big sister at her school next year, and J will turn ONE in August.  Lots going on all the time.   

I'm going to try and arrange for a few dates nights....need to find a brave soul to watch our crew.  I am reeeeally craving happy hour at Amen Street.

We've got some small house projects to do,  along with some conversations about larger projects a few years down the road. 

Our Peloton is arriving Friday!  I'm planning to ride 3x a week and practice portion control, for now.  I am still nursing so it's a little difficult to make any huge changes, but I'm taking some steps.

It will be another year until J will be entering any sort of mother's morning out program, so I'm not going to be able to pursue many personal/creative endeavors.  But it's always in the back of mind, ideas of what I will do once the kids are all in school.  For now, the focus is completely on HOME for me.

xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life