Monday, May 13, 2019

Mothers Day Weekend

We kicked off Mother's Day Weekend with a date night.  We went to the Avondale Kaminsky's and I'll be honest, it wasn't that great.  The icing layers on my carrot cake were SO thin and didn't even taste like cream cheese.  Even writing that I'm thinking "Boo hoo, what a rough life".  But I figured I'd share my experience.  We still had a great time being out sans child!

--
On Saturday we cleaned house and prepped for our family cookout to celebrate our moms!  I got each of them a lavender plant and hand soap.  It was a fun night, EB played with her cousin and the weather was perfect for grilling.  
--
On Sunday, K surprised me with this shower bench which, at my current stage of life, may just be the most romantic thing he's ever done for me.
 EB gave me this key chain that she made at school.  I think the center of the "flower" is her thumb print and the petals are her other fingers... I love it!
 My wish for Mother's Day was a morning spent at the beach and a family dinner out for pizza, and that's what I got!
<3
I would like to recognize Mellow Mushroom Avondale for playing 'Finding Nemo' on their big screen last night.  EB was totally into it and it made a difference in the quality of our meal out together
Thank you for thinking of the moms! 
 See, she's not looking at the camera, she's looking at Nemo! 
It was a great weekend!  I hope yours was, as well.
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life