Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tasty Tuesday

These are two side dishes from my kitchen recently, comin' at ya on a Tuesday!
--
Yellow Rice with Peas
I found this recipe on the back of the turmeric container.  I have made it a few times now and it's a very satisfying side dish.  
You put 1 cup rice, 2 cups chicken broth, 1/2 an onion, and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric in your rice cooker.  Set it and then add some frozen peas once the rice is cooked.   The peas will heat quickly and there you go!
--
Oven Baked Onion Rings
Slice onions into rings.  Dip in egg, then in breadcrumbs.
Bake at 450 10-15 minutes. 
Done!  I served these with turkey burger lettuce wraps and it was a fun weeknight meal! 
--
Hope you are having a great week so far!
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life