Monday, November 7, 2016

Our Weekend

What a lovely chilly weekend!
We are happily cozied up inside on this brisk morning.  Here's a selfie for ya: 

I hope that y'all had a good weekend.  Ours was nice.  Still getting into the hang of things and we stuck close to home.  On Friday night I pulled out a pan of the stuffed shells that I made before having the baby.  I wasn't sure how they would turn out but they were really tasty!  I opened a bag salad and warmed a few frozen garlic knots to round out the meal.  Easy peasy.
I attempted to enjoy a bonfire in our backyard, but early evening is a very unpredictable time in our daughter's day so the majority of my night was spent tending to her.   But it was still nice to finally enjoy our fire pit!
On Saturday I brought EB over to my parents house for a couple of hours so I could run over to TJMaxx and try and find some clothes that fit my "right now" body.  Here is a picture I snapped of my brother holding her.  She was cracking us all up because she would be snoozing, eyes closed, and then pop open her eyes, smile, and immediately fall back asleep.
We had a delicious dinner on Saturday night.  K grilled our favorite cedar plank salmon and we paired it with mushroom tortellini and asparagus, both farmers market finds. 
More food!  Cinnamon rolls for Sunday breakfast. 
So it's obvious I'm not really watching what I eat right now, and combine that with my body after baby, I needed to pick up a few new things this weekend that I can wear right now.  I snapped this after Sunday dinner at my in-laws (EB got to meet her great grandparents!) and realized that I had a burp cloth draped over my shoulder, which means it must have been there through dinner and our drive home...perfect accessory for my "new mom" look I've got going:  
There you have it!  
It was an especially late and tiring night last night due to daylight savings but I'm hopeful we'll all adjust soon.
Hope y'all have a good week.
xLaura 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life