Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Our Charleston Wedding: The Ceremony

I'm obviously biased, 
but I think our Wedding Ceremony was as warm and fuzzy as it gets!
Not too long, Not too short, 
It was simple and sweet and filled with the love of our family and friends.
Here is a play by play!
--
My dear friend Lauren, and K's stepsister Taylor handed out programs.
We were singing "Going to the Chapel" on the walk to the church.
(Does anyone know any other lines to that song?)
Two of my favorite shots:

A vision in white:



Everyone was seated for the congregational hymn (Holy, Holy, Holy), the readings and the homily.
My girl B read an excerpt from a poem "Love" by Roy Croft.
Lauren read Colossians 3: 12-19
During the song and the readings, we were seated to the right of the altar.  
I loved getting the moment to sit with K and take in the moment.
I wish I had a transcript of Father Williams' short homily, but it centered around unity and support, and...Love!
Once we returned to the altar, Father Williams turned us around and had us face our guests.  He mentioned how the room held the people that loved and supported us most.  This was my favorite part of the ceremony.  I really looked around and made eye contact with so many loved ones.  I whispered "I love you" to the room.  It was wonderful!  Meanwhile, K stared at the back door.


Exchanging our vows:

At this point we were brought to kneel at the altar for the Blessing.  Right before we stood up, Father Williams whispered to me "Ok now you stand and kiss"...
So once standing I immediately kissed K, without waiting for "You May Now Kiss Your Bride"
Which caused a laugh...
So we waited and then kissed again!
Happy Happy Happy!
Our first few moments as husband and wife:


I love this shot of my brother and I;
The guys!  We didn't get many photos of the groomsmen so I treasure the few we have with them as a group.
Family:
 
Muah!
Up next week, Reception photos!

1 comment:

  1. It was such an intimate moment and you could really feel the love and energy in the place. At vow renewal location they had out sparkling water, wines, champagnes, etc. for all of us upon arrival, and provided dishes and serving utensils for the bagels and other snacks we brought.

    ReplyDelete

Show me love, Show me Life