Monday, March 16, 2020

Into the Unknown

Referencing Frozen 2 in the title, but also...the future?
These are scary times.  I'm grateful for so much this morning.
Being home with my kids has made the indefinite quarantine an easy transition.  
We are stocked with food, baby supplies, and...toilet paper?? 
We have a large backyard and a good weather forecast for the days ahead.
K's job allows him to continue business as usual.
Things could be so much worse.
But I still feel scared.  What does this mean for our economy?
How long can we expect this to last?   What does the future look like?
And social media is making me dwell/fixate on the collective worry and I'm not sure that's healthy.
I've told EB that this is Spring Break, because she's at an age where anything else would completely confuse her.  (Though she keeps asking to go to the Splash Pad so I might be confusing her still).  This 'Spring Break' will certainly be one we will never forget.
--
Stocking up:
We did a major grocery trip Friday morning.  I was able to get everything I needed, luckily, because when I went again last night the produce and meat section were completely bare. 
St. Patrick's Day celebration, at home.
The park in our neighborhood is still open (as of yesterday) but I anticipate it to close, along with restaurants, soon.
Wishing you well, 
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life