Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Inspired by Twine & Twig

I have long lusted over the tribal necklaces over at Twine & Twig, but they are out of my price range...especially for costume jewelry.  
So, here is my inspiration, which retails for around $200:
After spending way too long googling descriptive terms to try and locate a reasonably priced lookalike, I decided to try my hand at making one myself.  
My goal was to spend less than $20.  This is what I made:
I'm happy with it!  I think that I am going to try and secure it better onto the suede strap because of the weight, but it's more or less finished.  It cost me just $15 dollars to make. The most difficult step was drilling the hole in the seashell.  Otherwise it was simply stringing beads!
All of the materials were purchased at Michael's.
--
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life