Monday, August 29, 2016

Our Folly Beach Babymoon

 We had such a nice weekend away at the beach.  It was all about relaxation and good food.  Here are some snaps:
We "checked in" around 11 on Friday and I immediately parked it on the porch for some reading and people watching.  I read The Vacationers and it was pretty cute.  It was a really quick read and while nothing exciting happened plot wise, it was still entertaining.  
Here I am at almost 35 weeks.
Y'all...shaving and prepping to get into a bathing suit was downright comical at this point in pregnancy. Omg.
I was so excited to get to go to Lost Dog for lunch. It's one of my favorite spots but the weekend crowds are intense and we never have weekdays off together.  I have ordered their quiche of the day every single time I've gone and it's always so delicious.  This one had asparagus, zucchini, peppers, and sausage.  
Once back at the house, more porch sitting.  Look at these two.  Like Father, Like Son.
The beach house that we rent has recently added a rooftop deck.  We spent some time up there.  Alfie LOVED it.
You can barely see Morris Island Lighthouse to my right in this photo.  And I am blocking it here, but you can also make out the Sullivan's Island lighthouse as well.  There was such a great breeze up there. 
 --
On Saturday I watched the sunrise from the porch.  It was beautiful.  
 I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
These were SO good.  They are by Immaculate Baking and are organic.
I was not expecting them to be so tasty but I will never buy Pillsbury again.
We spent the day alternating from the beach to the porch.  This isn't exactly a good beach book, but it was another quick read of the weekend.  Also pictured: my gigantic belly button!
 
We took Alfie swimming once the sun went down and he was so sweet!  You could tell he had no idea what was really happening but his little legs instinctively dog paddled.  I'm so sad I didn't get a video!
I tried to take some artsy monogram photos, inspired by Pinterest, but it didn't really turn out.  This was the best I got.
I also asked K to take a few "maternity" photos of me:
A little closer shot so you can actually tell I'm pregnant:
For Saturday night dinner K grilled cedar plank salmon and I made rice pilaf and lima beans.  YUM.
--
On Sunday we slept in and took our time getting ready to leave.
We were home by around 1 pm and man, relaxing on the beach takes a lot out of you!  We were all exhausted and spent the rest of the day being lazy.
--
How was your weekend?
What do you think of babymoons?
I'm all about a trip to the beach but I couldn't imagine an active/energetic vacation while pregnant.
All I wanted to do was sit/eat/read and chug water.
More updates to come in my 35 week pregnancy post later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life