Monday, April 25, 2016

Pregnancy Journal: My First Trimester Essentials

The first trimester can feel like you're moving in slow motion...
Finding things that provide comfort and relief is key.
Here are a few things that worked for me.
--
As far as food and drink goes, it has been a real struggle.  I'll find something that works for a few days, and then all of a sudden it grosses me out.  These are a few things that have stuck around:

 
We call these "fizzy drinks" in our house.  So many different beverages left a strange taste in my mouth (even water!), I was happy to find something that didn't.  This Peach Passion Fruit flavor has really worked for me.  
--
I have really enjoyed eating frozen fruit.  I like having it partially defrosted.  Walmart has the best value here.
--
 
Cereal was huge for me the first few months.  I bought lots of different kinds but Kix was the only type that I never got sick of.  Still loving it.
 --
I use the term loosely, but I felt essentially bedridden for weeks 6-14.  There were a couple of really bad days when I had to miss work, but for the most part if I wasn't working, I was in bed, usually watching tv.


  I developed a borderline obsessive relationship with Game of Thrones.  I already loved the show, but I rewatched all of the episodes and then started watching YouTube videos that broke down all of the details from each episode.   I mean, if you ever have any desire to talk about GoT, I would love to discuss.  Did you know that there are 4 different methods of resurrection on the series?  
I'm not kidding y'all, nerd alert!
Now I feel like I really understand the anticipation K feels waiting for college football to start.
I already can't wait for next Sunday!
--
 
I have used Palmer's Cocoa Butter since high school.  I started using it because I felt it extended my suntan the best of every lotion I tried.  Now, I'm more focused on the stretchmark benefits.
A tan is the furthest thing from my mind.  K has actually kindly suggested I sit out in the sun a few times lately, I so pale.
--

I pull this out of the freezer every night.  It has become part of my night time ritual.
--


These are the two baby books I have.  
I have heard great things about Baby Wise and hope to become so myself.  
:)
--
And last but certainly not least, these two.
--
I wish I had a magical cream or vitamin that made the first trimester better, but for me it was really just taking it one day at a time and trying to stay positive.
I have turned a real corner and feel more like myself every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life