Friday, September 6, 2013

Weekend at Wolf Laurel

We had such a nice Labor Day weekend at Wolf Laurel with K's family. 
We arrived late on Friday (hello traffic!) but started bright and early with coffee on the back porch Saturday morning.  Shortly after, K and I walked down to the Clubhouse (Wolf Laurel is a private golf course community) and discovered the cutest "Harvest Fest".  I love craft fairs!
Later K and I opted out of the group trip to Asheville and took to downtown Weaverville. 
This town was definitely like stepping back in time.
We found a really cute pub (Jack of Hearts) and had a beer and some lunch:
We both had the Pisgah Pale which was really good!
Back at home, the BEST view from that porch y'all. 
The weather was perfect, low 60s and lovely!
Sunday we went on a group hike to Big Bald Mountain, which rises to an elevation of 5,516 feet.
It was so foggy up there!
Really though, the best view was from this back deck.  I just can't get over it!

The boys embraced their inner "mountain man" and started a fire in the pit Sunday night:
This is a view of the 10th hole at the golf course, you can't tell at all but it literally drops off a major cliff.  I wish K would have brought his clubs!

And this little peanut is Penny.  She loved the mountains!
We finished up our last night with heated game of spoons, pretty much my new favorite group game.
The whole weekend was such a great time and I loved spending it with K's family!
We absolutely can't wait to go back.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life