Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

This weekend I hosted a Mother's Day brunch for my family and K's as well.   I really wanted to create a special, restaurant-like vibe to my home where no one had to lift a finger, except for me.  So, on that note, I spent the majority of Friday and Saturday cleaning and prepping food.  And it was all worth it as the result is exactly what I was hoping for! 
Saturday night I was able to take a break to enjoy dinner out with my man at Al Di La.  I love this place, y'all.  I ordered the linguini with pancetta and butter beans. Wow!  Their patio has such a romantic feel.
I'm so disappointed that I did not snap more photos of the brunch.  I did take a couple sloppy shots of my table settings, each seat with a different antique china plate and linen napkin, and also a flower arrangement for each mom to keep as the centerpiece. 
Each time I host a party I realize more and more how much I love to do it!  I love all of the lists and organization and timing.  And of course, I love welcoming people into my home for good food, drink, and company.


family photo (minus alf)
I am now going to share my menu suggestions (and links) for the perfect Mother's Day Brunch.  Note: I used my Gracious Goodness cookbook for the majority of my dishes but these links are similar.  If you want any of my recipes let me know!!!
And last but not least, another big I love you to my mom Roxy.  Thank you for everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life